Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Musical Luminosity

     Being tired isn't all that fun, especially with Biology today. The 50 objective questions were very easy, but then the paper 2 wasn't so, but I'll manage to get an A in this, I hope ! Haha !

     Well, I'm not going to carry on crapping about school today, I actually wanted to post something about music. Something I learnt just today. (I suspended myself from piano class till SPM is over so, you get the picture) I'm stuck in Grade 7 Theory, and while reading through the theory book, I got to learn some cool things about chord progressions ! Hahaha !
     Ummm .... Let me start with Beethoven then. In his composition, Fur Elise, 45-46, there is an interesting opening to a new tune. The opening goes like this, I7d - IVc - Ic, in C major, where the note C, repeats it self in both clefs. It's really interesting, the way it sounds so dramatic and all !

     I'd love to insert that in one of compositions in the future. It'll give so much more tonality to music :) I for one, am a big fan of Beethoven. I just love the way his music sounds, so beautiful. I especially love Moonlight Sonata though. It has to be my top favourites in his repertoire. Haha !

     I also learnt how to modulate and suspend now too ! Hahaha ! It's so fun the things Musical theory teaches you !

     I'd love to continue my musical education after SPM though ! I need to finish Grade 8 ! My personal target !!

No comments:

Post a Comment